APEX COMMITTEEAn Apex Committee (AC), chaired by the Secretary, MoHUA and comprising representatives of related Ministries and organisations will supervise the Mission
|28.12.2020||26th Apex Committee Meeting||Download||Download|
Functions of the Apex Committee
- Approve the SAAP submitted by the State High Powered Steering Committee, including the Annual Comprehensive Action Plan for Capacity Building of States, the Reform roadmap in the SAAP.
- Allocate and release funds to the States/UTs.
- Overall monitor and supervise the Mission.
- Advise the State/UT/implementing agencies on innovative ways for resource mobilization, private financing and land leveraging.
- Confirm appointment of organisations, institutions or agencies for third party monitoring (IRMA).
- The Apex Committee may delegate, as it considers appropriate, some of the functions within prescribed limits to the Mission Director for ensuring speedy implementation of the Mission.
- Formulate the threshold of physical progress of the project at which to release funds to the States.
The Apex Committee will meet according to requirements but at least once in three months. There will be a National Mission Director, who will not be below the rank of Joint Secretary to Government of India who will be the overall in-charge of all activities related to the Mission. The Mission Directorate will take support from subject matter experts and such staff, as considered necessary. The National Mission Director will be the Member Secretary in the Apex Committee.
Composition of the Apex Committee
- Secretary (MoHUA) Chairman
- Secretary (Department of Expenditure) Member
- Secretary (Department of Economic Affairs) Member
- Principal Advisor (HUD), NITI Ayog Member
- Secretary (Drinking Water & Sanitation) Member
- Secretary (Environment, Forest & Climate Change) Member
- Additional Secretary (UA), MoHUA Member
- Additional Secretary (Housing), MoHUA Member
- Additional Secretary (D&C), MoHUA Member
- Joint Secretary & Financial Advisor, MoHUA Member
- OSD (UT), MoHUA Member
- Adviser (CPHEEO) Member
- TCPO Member
- Director, NIUA Member
- National Mission Director (MoHUA) Member Secretary
- The Apex Committee may co-opt any representative from any Government Department or organisation as Member or invite any expert to participate in its deliberations.
Last Updated on 25/01/2021